How to install your Blogger template
1. Log on to your Blogger Account
Make sure that you have saved the blogger template archive created with doTemplate and unzipped it into your computer. Log on your Blogger account. If you don't have one yet, create one at blogger.com. It's free.
2. Update the template HTML
Go to Dashboard > Layout > Edit HTML. Make a copy of your existing template (just in case). Upload the "blogger.xml" file (from the folder where you just unzipped the template).
3. Preview your newly created template.
4. Host your template's images ( IMPORTANT )
We will temporarly host the images of your template so you can have a quick preview. However these images will be deleted.. So we strongly recommend that you host these images somewhere else, for example on your own Picasa account or on any other picture hosting service of your choice. Otherwise your blog will not be displayed correctly when the images will be deleted. We describe here how to use Picasa to host your template images:
- Log on to picasaweb.google.com using your Google account
- Upload all images ( *.jpg ) from the "css" folder, on your Picasa account
- For each uploaded image, copy the URL of the real size image. Make sure you get the real size image URL. On Picasa you can get this URL by selecting the magnified view of the image and then right clicking on the image.
- Now, in the template HTML code of your Blogger account dashboard, locate the image URL and replace it with the URL of the image you have just uploaded. Repeat this for each image.
- Preview your template to ensure it is displayed correctly. Congratulations you are done !